3 Tips for a lack of training motivation.
Find your weekend workout motivation!
What do you do when you want to exercise but don’t feel like moving your body at all! After all, we are humans and not machines. It happens that even with the best resolutions, motivation sags.
Low training motivation is a subject that you find yourself confronted with over and over again. Especially when life demands a lot of attention in other areas, maintaining your workout routines is a bone test. Here are three tips to help you maintain your training routine during such times.
Maintain your training routine
- Just do it. It’s ok if you don’t feel like it and are not in full swing. You don’t have to have a big grin on your face. It is more important to maintain the routine of exercise habits than to have a perfect workout. Accept that you will not achieve any new highs that day. In days and even weeks of such a slack period, 80% of your exercise performance is your 100%. Be satisfied with 80% and be aware that there will be days and times when you will reach 120% again. Not every day is a 100% day.
- For Amazons who generally overtrain, here are tips on how to regenerate!
Start lazy stile! Really slow and soft.
- Instead of starting the usual strict routine. Start with a treat and lie flat on your back on the floor. Feel inside your body. Move very slowly and small by bending your knees and laying them on your side, inspired by the yoga crocodile pose. Stretch a little. Then lie down flat again and move on to the next soft exercise. Keep one leg straight and pick up the other and hold it with your hands, then slowly switch legs a few times. Do this simple lying leg stretch (Yoga Supta Padangusthasana) and realize that that can be enough! Next, you can roll onto your stomach and simply lift your legs and arms slightly. Pause and then maybe lift your whole upper body. Exercising while lying on your back and relaxing is a very gentle way of waking up the body and getting in the mood. Further in, you may be able to get into the lying support position. From there into the warrior pose and you are already standing and ready to exercise a little more.
Exercise for the fun of it!
- Find training motivation by exercising precisely what you enjoy! Be creative and find attractive alternative and compensation exercises to your regular training. Leave the path of the familiar and do something different than what you are used to. When you’re doing hardcore muscle exercises, you can mix things up by finding and participating in something like a dance tutorial on youtube and take part.
- I like to juggle very much. I find these small, light rhythmic movements a pleasant sport to balance the exhausting aerial acrobatics that I usually exercise. I enjoy it, and it is perfect for the right and left hemispheres to work together. Fun Exercise alternative inspirations here.
- If you always do easy things, then I recommend doing muscle exercises. Do your own plank challenge and hold plank variations for a given time, 30 seconds, one minute. Work your way up to 4 x a minute. If you usually do strength training, then stretch your body! So you can reward yourself on tired days and expand your skills at the same time.
- Or chill & cheat exercise with a movie of your choice! Use Netflix to support your workout motivation!